A few stats from a recent survey about corporate social media:
- 88% say social media spending will increase
- 100% say it will be a more important part of marketing strategy
- 25% growth in use of social media for customer service
- 46% in the US use outside expertise to help
- 87% write communications in-house
- More and more companies are using it for product development: See “DewMocracy“
*Source: The state of corporate social media in 2011 by Nick Johnson with contributions from the Useful Social Media Community. Download the full report here.